Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Create ASPX Pages - v9

brinegart is offline Junior Member

Default Create ASPX Pages - v9

I've got ASPDNSF v9.0.1.3 and have read over a good bit of the documentation.

I've successfully made a Master page but cannot get any self-made ASPX pages to load into the content.

Code:
    Example of Specials.aspx page:
    <%@ Page Language="vb" MasterPageFile="~/App_Templates/Skin_2/template.master" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="AspDotNetStorefront.TemplateBase" TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" %>
    <asp:Content ID="Content1" runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="PageContent">
        <asp:placeholder id="PageContent" runat="server">
            (!XmlPackage Name="featuredproducts.xml.config"!)
            (!PAGEINFO!)
        </asp:placeholder>
    </asp:Content>
    I plan on making a customized feaduredproducts.xml.config file later, but in the meantime, this produces an error when viewed through a browser. The system log reads:

Code:
    Details
    Page URL:/specials.aspx
    Source:System.Web
    Message:'AspDotNetStorefront.TemplateBase' is not allowed here because it does not extend class 'System.Web.UI.Page'.
    Stack Trace:
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessException(Exception ex)
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding)
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding)
    I'm convinced it has to to with my Inherit attribute or the codebehind file.

Thanks for any help!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Have a look your other thread, I've responded there.