Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Uploading product images via Admin distorts quality of image

allstar is offline Member

Default Uploading product images via Admin distorts quality of image

Uploading product images through the Admin Interface distorts the quality of the image. Any ideas?
    Last edited by allstar; 08-09-2010 at 12:13 PM.
    ...AllStar

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

What's the actual size of your image? Which size was distorted, Large, medium etc?

If you're turning on appconfig: UseImageResize and the actually size of the image is smaller than the size specified in appconfig:ProductImg_large, then that might be the reason. Have you gone through the resize image configurations yet? Just in case, see here.

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

I've also found that images with green (0, 255, 0) or images with transparency aren't handled very well at all.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

This was because the UseImageResize was set to TRUE. I assume by default this is set to TRUE.

Now, with the UseImageResize set to false. I noticed that when I upload images for icon, medium, and large size and click UPDATE. Images for icon and medium are set as the large image file.

To get it to work, I would have to upload the large image first, and go back and add the icon and medium.

Is there a bug?
    ...AllStar

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

One of the AppConfig values that was mentioned above (as found the in manual) controls if a Large image replaces all the smaller images.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

Thank you for pointing me to the right direction. The parameter in the appconfig is "LargeCreatesOthers".
    ...AllStar