Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Order Notes not being saved?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Default Order Notes not being saved?

No idea why I haven't spotted this before and it could just be me...

Running 9.0.1.3 and at the shopping cart page (shoppingcart.aspx), if you enter some Order Notes/Special Instructions. Click any of the 'update cart' buttons or 'Checkout Now' and the instructions are lost.

I've looked at the source code and it appears that although order notes are read, there is no mechanism coded to save them.

It would be great if anyone else has managed to save their order notes as I'd love to be corrected.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Adam,

I've posted the snippet below to resolve this problem. Just add the highlighted codes into your ShoppingCart.aspx.cs, somewhere around line 922:

Name:  change log.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  44.1 KB

webopius is offline Senior Member

Thanks Alfred,

We think alike as I'd coded a similar change and it's all working now.

Be good to get 9.0.1.4 out to fix small issues like this as some of our 9.0.1.3 client releases are starting to drift away from the core code-base and it would be good to get back to the official version with fixes.

Adam

suedeapple is offline Member

Cheers for that fix - That had been bugging me for ages, and had to turn off the "add notes feature". Good to get it back on there though, nice!

dev.folks is offline Junior Member

after writing instructions on order notes after clicking on order notes its getting updated in database, then i have changed my mind to keep order instructions and delete text from text box and clicked on update cart but its not deleting the text from order instructions field

jjdunkel is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by dev.folks View Post
    after writing instructions on order notes after clicking on order notes its getting updated in database, then i have changed my mind to keep order instructions and delete text from text box and clicked on update cart but its not deleting the text from order instructions field
    You could just modify the above code to not have it check for a length > 0 on the notes field so that you can remove the note. Just remove two lines so it looks like:

Code:
    if (!AppLogic.AppConfigBool("DisallowOrderNotes"))
    {
        SqlParameter sp = new SqlParameter("@OrderNotes", SqlDbType.NText);
        sp.Value = OrderNotes.Text.Trim();
        SqlParameter[] spa = { sp };

ThisCustomer.UpdateCustomer(spa);
    }