Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: AvaTax integration

mikemike1 is offline Junior Member

Default AvaTax integration

I have seen a few mentions of integration with AvaTax but it's not clear that it has been released as a current feature. Is there a status on that integration or instructions about how I might make use of it in version 9.0.1.3?

jo@vortx.com is offline Administrator

Thanks to Alfred for pointing this post out to me. I will commit to do two things, (a) I am already speaking to the people from Avalara later today, and I will make sure that I understand the preparedness of the integration with 9.0.1.3 ..... and then I will re-post here and (b) once I find out, then I will make sure that all of our documentation makes the answer clear. Great question - thanks for posing it, mikemike1.
    Jo Benson
    COO
    Vortx / AspDotNetStorefront

Checking in - are there any updates on the Avatax integration? I did notice their press release from last year:

http://www.avalara.com/ABOUT/News/Pr...-to-Deliver-Se

jo@vortx.com is offline Administrator

mikemike1 - it's evening time here in Ohio and guess what we're doing?? working through our night to try to complete the Avatax integration. The guys at Avalara are being stunningly supportive and when it's done , I will guarantee that it will work, and work well. As always, I won't tell you when until I know for sure. Please just be sure that we know that a number of people are waiting and we will get it delivered just as soon as it's good enough.
    Jo Benson
    COO
    Vortx / AspDotNetStorefront

I've heard from a representative at Avatax that the integration is complete and that we can start on an upgrade. I wonder if there's any instruction available?

mcherry is offline Junior Member

Default Location based sales tax

I've got a site that needs to do location based sales tax. Using Avalara would be ideal since it's something I'm already familiar with.

Information on any necessary updates to enable Avalara support, or information on other options for automatically calculating location based sales tax would be helpful.

mcherry is offline Junior Member

Default Location based sales tax

Has there been any word on when Avalara integration will be complete, or when it will be ready? If not, are there any other options available for integration with AspDotNetStorefront that would enable location based shipping rates to be used?