Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Firefox will not add to cart V9013

MSD is offline Member

Default Firefox will not add to cart V9013

We have been logged in to a closed store testing as we went. Logged out.... starting testing and immediately noticed in Firefox we would add to the cart, but the request failed.

Seen a bit of chatter about this but nothing conclusive so we can fix it. IE seems fine just slower and Safari is also good.

Any ideas? Does ASPDNSF have the fix?

MSD
    Started V8 switched half way to V9 /// I need a V9 Forum

AspDotNetStorefrontML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.3 AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

jjdunkel is offline Member

Is your website modified at all? Did you try Firefox on freshly unzipped ML 9.0.1.3? Did you upgrade your site from a previous version?

I have a feeling it's something either in your template master file or a change you made causing this. Firefox works great on my website and several other 9.0.1.3 websites.

MSD is offline Member

Default UPgrade

Hey JJ,

Mostly interface custom and a bit of XML. Seen other post speaking of the issue and the mention of source code but no A-Z fix it instructions. Maybe ASPDNSF will jump in on Monday and tell me there is a fix. Hoped to have it this weekend though.

MSD

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

This is a defect, if you have the source you can fix it as per this post http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ad.php?t=23750 ... if you do not have source you can probably get a fix from ASPDNSF if you open a ticket.

If you do have source and want to fix it yourself I can give you some better insight. In fact if you have the source feel free to send me ShoppingCart.cs (PM me and il give you my email) and ill make the change for you, its really a very small change.

jjdunkel, i'll bet you have the issue too but its hard to find. Im certain customers are seeing it. If you go to firefox and clear cookies and log out then shop anonymously and try to add to cart it wont work. If you go to IE and add to cart one time, then to firefox it will work. Trust me it took me a long time to narrow this one down!

MSD is offline Member

Default Source

Hey ss,

I saw your post, have source code but really am an amateur here. Is there any way you could be explicit about the input spots. I would like to make the change but don't understand where it goes. Once fixed and I get something in the cart, then I have to figure out why PayPal wont accept it as well.... I am in aspdnsf purgatory.

MSD

Smile

Its actually a pretty simple fix. First, open ShoppingCart.cs

Next, do a search for

Code:
                int CartRecID = CommonLogic.QueryStringUSInt("CartRecID");
    You should find two instance of this in this class.

Right above these lines, place this line.

Code:
                ThisCustomer.RequireCustomerRecord(); // defect fix
    Again, if you need more assistance just ask ... i'm more than happy to help.

MSD is offline Member

Thanks..... that makes it easier... I will test it in the morning. My eyes are half shut and I will just mess something up if I try it half asleep. Sunday.... another work day.

MSD

MSD is offline Member

Default ss has the fix

Hey ss,

Thank you... the fix is in. Worked like a charm.

MSD

Glad it worked!

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Is this something I should apply, even if I am not having this issue? What does it effect?

You do have the issue unless you have a patch applied.

To see the issue you need to start fresh like a brand new customer.

go to firefox, clear cookies and start at that point. When you do that I suspect you will see the issue.