Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How to dispaly default icon when no variant one is uploaded

MSD is offline Member

Default How to dispaly default icon when no variant one is uploaded

I can't seem to find an appConfig for this but one must exist.

1. Create a new product, upload images to the server - use file name override. Images appear in admin and on live site. Add-to-cart images appear in cart.

1. Fails: Create a new product, upload images to the server - use file name override. Now add a variant (blue,red,green). Add to cart... images do not appear in cart. If I then upload same image icon to images/variant/icon then file name override in variant images tab. Now add-to-cart and icon images appear in cart.

There must be some way of making the cart pull default image icon if no variant icon exist. Its probably obvious and right under my nose I just can't find it.

Tell me there is a way - V9.0.1.3

MSD
    Started V8 switched half way to V9 /// I need a V9 Forum

AspDotNetStorefrontML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.3 AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

bruceg is offline Junior Member

I ran into a similiar issue with version 8. I ended up writing a vb script file that I ran on the server that walks through the variant table and if it does not have an image for it in the proper folder, it copy the product image from the parent product into the variant folder and renames it with the variant number for the file name. I have to run this each time after importing new items but it goes really quick. If you find a parameter setting somewhere, let me know. Thanks.