Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Product Variants and Mfr Part numbers

N2Motox is offline Junior Member

Default Product Variants and Mfr Part numbers

Has anyone had to deal with product variants having different part numbers? the products in my store do have different part numbers for each variant. I don't see, anywhere in the admin side of adding products, where you can vary the part number by variant. The sku I see but not mfr part number. so my questions is, when the email goes out the distributor, how will they know what part number to pull? Has anyone out there had this same issue?

thanks,
    Barry

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You can do that via the variant level page.

see:
    A)
    Name:  show.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  13.8 KB
    B)
    Name:  variant.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  18.1 KB

Of course, you need to modify notification.receipt.xml.config (XSLT) file to pull the mgf part # of the variant and display(probably beside the SKU column).
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 08-04-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Default Product Variants

Good Grief! I can't BELIEVE I never saw that! Thanks so much and thanks for the additional info about the xml.
    Barry

Default Product Variants and MFR Part NUmbers

Alfred,
    I have tried and tried what you suggested but I cannot get the mfr part number of the variant to show in the email that is sent to the distributor. It always shows the part number of the root or main product. I checked the column OrderProductManufacturerPartNumber in the table Orders_shoppingCart and that shows the same thing.

Also, the only way I can get the variants show on the site is to add the sku's as a comma separated list in one of the variant modifiers on the Attributes tab of the default variant.

What am I doing wrong?

omairkha is offline Member

Hi,

I am having the same issue, it pulls the name and part number of the parent, but not the variant!

Same issue in the search also