Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Hiding products from browsing but allowing them to be purchased

RBMike is offline Junior Member

Default Hiding products from browsing but allowing them to be purchased

I am in the middle of a new implementation of ASPDNSF. I would like to know if there is a way I can hide a product so that it cannot be browsed to (and preferably cannot even be searched for). Yet, I would still like the product to be able to be viewed if I give a customer the direct URL. And I would like the customer to be able to add the item to the cart for purchase.

This is a common scenario in my business: I have a product that I make for one specific customer, and is not to be sold to anyone else. If I give that customer the direct link, then he can order it as they please. But I don't want anyone else to be able to view or buy it.

I saw a thread that touched on a similar subject. Would this be the same solution for me, or is there something easier?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The solution in that thread should work for you. You're basically just going to leave the product not mapped to any products so customers can't stumble across it browsing. Once you do a little modification to keep it from showing up in searches, you should be all set.