Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Ajax shipping calculator

mbloescher is offline Junior Member

Default Ajax shipping calculator

The Ajax shipping calculator is really great and really fills a need for us. I'm having a little difficulty in getting it fully functional though. I followed the instructions in the Knowledgebase article, but they're a little short on specificity. What exactly do I do with the lines I'm supposed to add to the style.css file? Are they style headers that I need to create parameters for? Do I just paste the lines in there somewhere? I have the calculator working, however there is no button to click to perform the function--is that something that is controlled by CSS? If I just hit enter it works, but customers aren't going to know to do that.

I was also wondering if the fields are customizeable. Since we are strictly a US site, and only use FEDEX, only a zip code is required to perform the calculation. Can the other fields be removed somehow? We're using ML 8.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Add that particular line to the Product.*.xml.config which you used to display your products. It's located in {root}/XMLPackages folder.

V8.x actually has a built-in shipping estimator already. You'd just need to set appconfig: ShowShippingAndTaxEstimate to true.

mbloescher is offline Junior Member

Default Ajax Shipping calculator

Thanks Alfred. I have the calculator so it appears on the page, but there isn't a button to perform the calculation. Does that come from the style sheet? Once I've entered the info and hit enter it works and updates automatically for every product, but a customer isn't likely know to hit enter. Is there supposed to be a button?

What do I do with the lines I'm supposed to copy to the style sheet? Do I just copy the lines or are they style headers I need to supply parameters for?

We are using the built in shipping calculator, but the client likes the idea of being able to get an estimate on everything.

Any ideas on getting rid of the country and state fields and working only on the zip code?