Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: New Live Agent real-time analytics, live chat and sales software for ASPDNSF

Ben-LynxSI is offline Member

Arrow New Live Agent real-time analytics, live chat and sales software for ASPDNSF

Hello Everyone,

I've been working on a new add-on for ASPDNSF. It's comparable to the plethora of live chat software systems out there on the web today, except that I'm tailoring it to work with ASPDNSF. I'm also providing installed solutions (vs. most 3rd parties' who force a hosted SaaS model).

By providing an installed solution, you get many benefits including
    - lowering the number of DNS lookups and HTTP requests for your site visitors - translates to better page performance
    - Access to the source code of the visual pieces. Customize the chat window's layout and style! Change HTML, CSS, Images... (Note: we pack some of the back-end logic and web service stuff into a compiled DLL assembly. The source is the front end only.)
    - Use your own SSL certificate for chatting. This re-enforces visitors security when dealing with you. (After all, SSL to a third party is not really private is it?) This is especially nice for any of you who invested in EV SSL.
    - Control collected data privacy according to your local laws (instead of "safest common denominator" most analytics services provide). Collect IP addresses, geographic locations, browser and operating system information and more. Use a routine maintenance funtion to either delete old analytics data or strip private data according to your local laws.

In order to get my "DevNet Partner" seal, I need a handful of professional references. So I thought I'd "grease the wheels" and make some good offers for the active community participants here:

For the first 3 customers:
    - 1 Free domain license and 1 free agent license. (additional agents $50 ea)
    - Unlimited support for both installation and visual customization. (normally a paid service)

Next 5 customers get:
    - Current sale promotion prices ~50% off. ($150 total cost for 1 domain and 1 agent)
    - Unlimited support for both installation and visual customization. (normally a paid service)

For other registered DevNet Partners who want to Sell/Install/Customize this solution for their clients:
    - 1 Free domain license for your own site, plus free agent licenses for your inhouse developers. (I want you to love it and recommend it to your clients!)

You can checkout some screen shots and more details on my website:
    http://www.lynxsi.ca/p-121-lynx-live...torefront.aspx

As of today it is a fully functional installable live chat software for ASPDNSF. My plan is to add features which help specifically within the ecommerce sales and service genre of websites. For example, aside from being able to view all the normal geographic location, browser, operating system, screen size, etc... I want agents to be able to change the visitors affiliate id (for chat sales agents), and be able to "send a coupon" to the visitor which will be applied at checkout. We'll for sure want to view the visitors shopping cart and depending on difficulty maybe modify it.

If you'd like to take advantage of one of our above offers send an email to support (-at-) lynxsi.ca and mention this forum thread. We also welcome any feedback or feature suggestions. And if you have some questions/comments, you can make them here on this thread for others to see. (So I don't answer the same question 10 times ;-)

Best Regards,
    Ben Swayne - C#/ASP.net/jQuery/Ajax/SEO
    Lynx System Integrators Ltd.
    Lynx Live Agent - real-time analytics, live chat and sales software for ASPDotNetStorefront
    My Personal Website

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Well its hard to give you a reference when I go to your site and get ...

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Ben-LynxSI is offline Member

Thanks ssgumby, but the site is working for me now and 4 others referred to my site from this thread last night. Must have been a hiccup.

I am moving to a dedicated server ASAP. I'm currently on a low cost budget host and have been having problems with the app pool memory cap being exceeded. The site recycles and I sometimes have to clear the cache (or leave the site alone for while) before it comes back. I apologize for whatever broke the site when you visited.

BUT.....
    Just to restore confidence in those reading this thread and curious here's the activity I saw last night collected by my add-on (I've block out the IPs for privacy - you can probably spot your self based on location, browser and OS.) If I were awake/at-work while you 4 were browsing my site, I could see this info in real-time and and chat with you. If you had arrived by search engine, I could have mentioned your search term in my pro-active chat invitation to increase the likelyhood of you accepting my chat. Similary I could have mentioned that I see you came from the ASPDNSF forums by looking at your referer.

Starting at 6:35 UTC (11:35 pm PST)
    76.XXX.XX.75
    San Francisco, California, United States
    Mac OS X
    Firefox 3.5.11
    Screen Size: 1280x800
    JavaScript: Yes
    Pages Viewed: 6

Starting at 9:42 UTC (2:42 am PST)
    71.XXX.XXX.104
    Holiday, Florida, United States
    Windows Vista
    IE 8
    Screen Size: 1440x900
    Pages Viewed: 2

Starting at 13:48 UTC (6:48 am PST)
    71.XX.XXX.178
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Windows 7
    IE 8
    ScreenSize: 1280x1024
    Pages Viewed: 12

Starting at 14:24 UTC (7:24 am PST)
    89.XXX.XX.31
    London, London, City of, United Kingdom
    Windows XP
    Firefox 3.6.8
    ScreenSize: 1680x1050
    Pages Viewed: 5

I will be upgrading my server, so if you have any problems please let me know personally (no need to clog the forum for this, my email is in the above post) and then return next week for an improved user experience! If you have more functionality/feature questions, please post them here.

P.S. I should mentioned, I'm currently using the FREE MaxMind IP database, so it can be off on the city but is usually accurate to the region/country. For those of you who need it, you can pay MaxMind for a "premium" database that will give you much better geolocation results. It's a drop in replacement, no code changes.

Best Regards,
    Ben Swayne - C#/ASP.net/jQuery/Ajax/SEO
    Lynx System Integrators Ltd.
    Lynx Live Agent - real-time analytics, live chat and sales software for ASPDotNetStorefront
    My Personal Website

Dimmer is offline Member

I tested Ben's chat over the weekend, its a very nice, light product and works well. A lot better than some of the other hosted solutions we have tried.

We are happy to take you your offer and give it a test on our live site.

Will report back in a few weeks.
    Alan
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.1.0.0/7.1.1.0 - with modifications
    www.stuff-uk.net