Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: UPS multi-box shipments

greg b is offline Junior Member

Default UPS multi-box shipments

Has anyone done a customization for UPS multibox shipments to avoid shipping rates not being returned when the order goes over the 150 lbs UPS limit?

For example if a customer orders 2 widgets that weigh 80 lbs each, the built in rate calculator returns no results but it could easily be broken into two boxes and rates returned as two shipments of 80 lbs each.

Another scenario would be when a customer orders 1 widget and 1 sprocket and 2 bongos. The total weight of the order is 155 lbs so rates are not returned. The shipment could be broken into 2 packages, 1 of 80 lbs and 1 of 75 lbs.

Shipping all items in a separate package is not an option because for the majority of the items they can be combined into one box safely, but volume quantites can place any item over the 150 lbs limit.

Thanks,
    Greg

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Ive done a mod on my 8.0.1.2 to break the shipments into 70lb increments. Its not perfect, someone could order 2 20lb items and 3 30 lb items. This would be a total of 130lbs but my method calculates 1 box at 70 and 1 at 60. Works well though for my purposes.

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

What mod did you make to break these into multiple packages? In ASPDotNetStorefrontCore?