Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: hide category nav on signin page

craigh is offline Junior Member

Default hide category nav on signin page

We'd like to hide the vertical category navigation on a wholesale site on the signin and signup pages, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to achieve this. It's a version 8 ML installation
    Thanx in advance

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Open your {root}/skins/skin_#/template.cs and comment out these lines:

Code:
    <div class="navHeader">Browse (!StringResource Name="AppConfig.CategoryPromptPlural"!)</div>
    <div class="leftNav" id="categories">(!XmlPackage Name="rev.categories"!)</div>

Thanks for the reply

Sorry if I wasn't a bit clearer with my question. I couldn't find template.cs so I assume you were referring to template.ascx.

Wouldn't the supplied solution hide the categories on all pages that use the skin?
    as stated we only want to hide it on on the signin and signup pages.

Would a better approach be testing if a user is logged in or not then showing or hiding the left nav based on that condition? I'm new to aspdnf but would the rev.categories.xml.config in the relevant skin folder be the place to code this conditional dislay for the left nav? or is there a simpler solution

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Nicole is offline Administrator

You could put an inline style directly on the createaccount.aspx and signin.aspx pages. So instead of hiding it on all pages, it would only hide on those two pages.
    <style type="text/css">
    #leftNav
    {
    display: none;
    }
    </style>

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

Or I put logic in the source code to switch the menu XML file based on if the user was signed in or not.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

ccmos is offline Junior Member

Default v9 Hide Category on Signin Page

You can hide by changing the template on load time
    use

void Page_PreInit(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    MasterPageFile = "~/app_templates/skin_1/empty2.master";
    }

into the signin.aspx.cs