Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Multiple Tracking Number in a Single Order

mcdutch76 is offline Junior Member

Default Multiple Tracking Number in a Single Order

Many of our orders involve multiple items which are shipped in separate boxes .
    I would think this would be quite easy, however i did not see any place to do this
    We need to attach more then a single tracking number to an order so that when a confirmation email is received by a customer it may have , 2 or 3 tracking number attached to it

Doing a search i have seen several people ask about exactly this thing with no response at all, i hope this case would be a bit different

Looking forward to the proposed solutions

Thanks !!

McDutch

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

The way that we plan to implement this is to add the tracking number to the Extentiondata field in the Orders_ShoppingCart table.

Please someone chime in if this will not work for us.

kpaul is offline Member

We also have this issue. The software allows for items to be drop-shipped but if an order contains drop-ship and in-stock items I can't find a way to send separate emails with individual tracking numbers when each portion of the order gets delivered. Is this something that was addressed in v9 (I'm still on v8) or is there an add-on or workaround?
    Keith

http://goo.gl/s20Ot

ASPDNSF v9.3/64 Bit
    Windows Web Server 2008 R2
    IIS 7.5

rickkozz is offline Member

Default Multiple Tracking Number in a Single Order

Here is our work around with out source code

We ship everything ups
    ups sends us an email when the package is shipped
    It contains the order number and item number(s)
    we monitor an inbound mail box on our exchange server
    when an email arrives from ups we read the email
    extracting the tracking number and item number(s)
    we find the order number in the cart database thru SQl
    reformat the email ,send it to the customer then update the
    the tracking number in the cart database , if there is tracking already there
    we add the next tracking number to the notes section.
    As we run into some bugs here and there, we just modify
    or code. So far it has been stable.

We have been using this for about 12 weeks.
    the external program is written in C++ using a SQL driver
    we bought as an add on to C++

rickkozz is offline Member

Default Multiple tracking numbers

In the above post I left out the version

It is VER 9.0.1.3

ShawnOswald is offline Junior Member

You could consider using a third party solution like Mailware to handle the tracking numbers. It allows you to manage warehouse inventory and drop shippers (which would create multiple boxes in some situations) and lets you send confirmation emails with multiple tracking numbers. Best of all, it integrates with ASPdotNETstorefront.

virtualtap is offline Senior Member

I too am going to be facing this issue, but my question is are using real time shipping rates? if so how did you determine the cost from the drop ship locations and appropriately charge the customer at checkout?

Thanks
    MSX

kpaul is offline Member

@virtualtap - In v8 you can set a "distributor" for each product. Real time shipping will use the distributor's zip code to determine the origin of the shipment.
    Keith

http://goo.gl/s20Ot

ASPDNSF v9.3/64 Bit
    Windows Web Server 2008 R2
    IIS 7.5

virtualtap is offline Senior Member

Oh well that is easy, I thought it was just based on the store zip. Thanks
    MSX

nharkrader is offline Junior Member

Default Multiple Shipping Tracking Numbers

We have the same issue. This should be a one-to-many relationship and not one-to-one. One order may have multiple shipping packages, this tracking numbers. Whether it's drop shipping PLUS in stock items or just multiple packages because of back orders, replacements, large order, etc. We're looking into Mailware to handle a lot of issues that ASPSFDN just doesn't cover, however it's $6K. Didn't know this was going to get so expensive.

gilligan is offline Junior Member

Default Simply Missing a Basic Feature for Online Shopping

The bottom line is that it's not unusual for an order to have multiple shipment tracking numbers, a feature which Aspdotnetstorefront has overlooked for many years.

Surely one or more developers at Aspdotnetstorefront has used someone else's shopping cart for ecommerce and noticed they received multiple tracking numbers on a single order, directly from the cart package without need of a third party tool.

While UPS and FedEx and other freight carriers do provide email messages; within Aspdotnetstorefront view order should show all associated tracking numbers and which product shipped with what tracking number - how else is the customer supposed to use shipment tracking - today - order status shows a single tracking number, when there might be four or five.

shaser is offline Junior Member

Default ASPDotNetStorefront

I really wish somebody at storefront would listen to all these customers... how can you run an e-commerce store with only 1 tracking number per order? It doesn't make any sense in today's world.

Don't get it wrong. I love storefront and have been using it very several years since ML7. They have made a lot of great improvements since then.

This is one that i just feel needs to be taken care of.