Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Email recent product list to customer

rodin is offline Junior Member

Default Email recent product list to customer

Hi

I want to email recent product list to customers automatically when i added recent product to site.
    I'm expert at VB.NET and i have got source code.
    What should i do?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Rodin

You dont say whether you've purchased v8 or v9 with the source code and I'm assuming it's the VB.net version?

In outline, what I would do is probably write a standalone 'recent products' asp.net page that looked for the x most recent products and packaged this information up into an emailable format.

Then, it would go through all active Customer records looking for those customers who had opted in to marketing to build a list of email addresses.

Then, it would send the email to all these customers.

Once the page was written, you'd need to hook it into the admin menu pages so that it could be launched by a store administrator.