Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Best Approach for Highly Customizable/Buildable Products

SunnysGlimpse is offline Junior Member

Default Best Approach for Highly Customizable/Buildable Products

Hello, we just purchased this software and I am looking for some advice as to how to best setup some very customizable products. The items are cabinets and are ordered in the way you sort of would create a computer on dell.com. They are built per the user's specifications and below are some options the user would select as they design their cabinets.

Here's the order of options:

-Type of Wood (Red Oak, Maple, Cherry, etc)
    -Color of the Wood based on the type selected above (Cider, Espresso, Natural, etc)
    -Type of Edges and molding (various pictures of different edges)
    -Then they would either enter the sizes - width and height - (in fractions of an inch) or select from a drop down list.
    -Lastly, select the side that the boring should be done on and among a few types.

The price will be based on all the factors above.

I'm hoping this is possible with the software or we just made a bad purchase!

Thanks for all your help.

Wayne

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That can be done via setting up a Kit Products, yes.

SunnysGlimpse is offline Junior Member

Default Custom Sizing Question

Thanks, I think we've found out how to do most things via the kids.

The last thing is we need to offer our customers custom sizing via width and height (in inches) and instead of having deltas on each, we need to calculate the square foot and use that value dynamically as a multiplier to derive a price. Total Square Foot x Base Variant Price = Product Price

Example:
    User selects 19" for width
    User selects 23" for height

19x23 = 3.034 sq ft. x base variant price of $13 = $39.45

Where would you suggest I start?

Thanks,
    Wayne