Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Summary Not showing up in featuredproducts.xml.config

peter3827 is offline Senior Member

Default Summary Not showing up in featuredproducts.xml.config

I used to be able to add the summary to the featuredproduct.xml.config file in Version 8. Now in version 9 it doesn't show up. I even added the call to the product summary in the GetFeaturedProducts store procedure. Am I missing something. Any help will do. Thanks.

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

As you've probably discovered, Summary isn't returned by the GetFeaturedProducts procedure...

If you've added 'p.Summary' to the select statement of the 'aspdnsf_GetFeaturedProducts' stored procedure then you definitely should be able to show the summary in the results.

If it's still not working, edit the featuredproducts.xml.config and put it in debug mode so that you can see exactly which fields are being returned.

If, after all that its still not working, let me know and I'll be able to help.

peter3827 is offline Senior Member

I switched to debug mode the summary is showing in the xml output.

<Summary>A-100 ( For Auto Security Protection against Theft) No Monthly Fee • Latest Digital G...
    </Summary>

When it outputs the html, it's empty. May I private message you the link? Thanks.

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

Yes of course it's fine to PM me (or email direct via our website - see signature)

As summary is in the results, I'm pretty sure this will be a typo somewhere or a case issue.

Adam