Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Adding a drop down list in version 9 aspx page

venkata is offline Junior Member

Default Adding a drop down list in version 9 aspx page

Hi

Version 9
    I would like to add a new drop downlist in the createaccount.aspx page
    under the ctrlBillingAddress section.

Is there any master page for this as I am not able to see any textbox or drop down list in the createaccount.aspx page.
    I have done this in version 8.

Can you please let me know what all pages I have to do changes

Thanks

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

You could modify the Address Control (/controls/AddressControl.cs). Or, alternatively, create your own control containing the drop down and place it into createaccount.aspx?

hi

I would like to modify the addresscontrol.cs to add a dropdownlist(PickupLocation from a new table based on the state selected while creating an account).Can you please let me know what other files is affected.

Thanks

Without looking at exactly what you need, it's difficult to be 100% accurate, but...

You just modify the address control to show the pick-up location drop down and perform any necessary validation.

Then, you'll need to modify the Address class (and probably the Address table) to support the pick-up location field.

Then, you need to modify createaccount.aspx.cs to set default values for pick-up location and save any selection made.

Finally, you may need to also edit the address edit pages (such as editaddress.aspx.cs) to allow the pick-up location to be changed.

Adam
    Webopius

Thanks for your reply.
    The pickuplocation must be visible only in createaccount.aspx and not in editaddress.aspx.
    Is this possible? If so where all I have to do changes.

Thanks

One way would be to add some parameters to the Address control to only show the drop down within the create account page.

Sorry I can't be more specific than that as I'd need to spend time looking at your site and code to give an exact answer.