Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Product Export & Import

nirmal is offline Member

Default Product Export & Import

Hello.

As part of our reconciliation process of bringing 3 stores under 1 multi-store umbrella I am first trying to extract all the products using the GetProduct method. For this I managed to do a execute a basic GetProduct for 1 productid.

<AspDotNetStorefrontImport Verbose="false">
    <GetProduct ID="1396" IncludeVariants="true" IncludeImages="false"/>
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>

So my first question is how can I get all the products in one pass? If not then I will have to generate a string like the above with the various product IDs.

My second issue is that the XML returned starts like:
    <AspDotNetStorefrontImportResult Version="" DateTime="7/13/2010 3:30:02 PM">
    <GetProduct ID="1396" GUID="">
    <Product Action="Update" ID="1396" Name="Conan Complete Set of Armor " SKU="884015" GUID="6949dbdf-e0df-42b0-a0e9-2b1d3564b1e4">

but to add the product I need to do modify the above XML:
    <AspDotNetStorefrontImport Version="" DateTime="7/12/2010 4:23:07 PM">
    <Product Action="Add" Name="Conan Complete Set of Armor " SKU="884015" GUID="6949dbdf-e0df-42b0-a0e9-2b1d3564b1e0">

Similarly I will have to modify the Variant Action as well. Is there a way to extract products so that they are ready for import?

A third issue I am facing is that our image filenames are based on the ProductID. I will have to map the old ProductIDs to the new ones that multistore will generate and I have found a roundabout way to do this using excel vloopup and VBA (automatically change the filename based on the column value). Any clean solutions for this?

I know I am asking for a lot but I need to get these things in order and then tackle equally complex issues such as Customer information and Order information.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by nirmal; 07-14-2010 at 12:29 PM.

nirmal is offline Member

Default Bump..

Anyone with the experience?