Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Complex Shipping Strategy

ceriwholesale is offline Member

Default Complex Shipping Strategy

Hello, we want to implement a shipping strategy that will incorporate some of real time and flat rate method. I know we can only pick one therefore any workarounds or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Basically:

For ground shipment:

Order amount: $0.00 ~ $60.00, shipping fee $8.95

Order amount: $60.01 ~ $100.00, shipping fee $9.95

Order amount: Over $100.01 Real time rate

All other methods like 2nd day air, next day air, international will all be using real time rate. Please advise.

thank you.

best regards,
    edwin

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

There aren't really any 'workarounds' for this, that's going to require custom code (source code required).

Hello Scott, thanks for the answer. Right now we are trying to change the strategy a bit to make it work. I'm using real rate right now from fedex, then i set all orders to have free Fedex Ground shipping for anything over $1.

Then with the app config ShippingHandlingExtraFee I put $5 in there and set ApplyShippingHandlingExtraFeeToFreeShipping = true.

This way for fedex ground it will always be $5 and the rest will be real time.

However, somehow when i did this the fedex ground is still showing FREE. Does those apps work on real time rate? thanks.

best regards,

edwin

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The software works perfectly on real-time rates, yes. Can you tell me the version you're on?

Hi Alfred, i'm using 8012. Site is http://67.228.11.39. thanks.

edwin

Hi Alfred, i see that the $5 extra handling was added to all real time rates except for fedex ground, which is free for now. Thanks.

edwin

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That means everything works now in terms of the shipping rates + extra handling fee? If yes, then we're glad.

sorry alfred, the handling charge of $5 only is added for all the real time rate result, but for the fedex ground shipping, which is set to "FREE" for now, it doesn't add the $5 extra handling fee still. Please advise, thanks.

edwin