Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Combine Generated Javascript Files into One

commarts is offline Junior Member

Default Combine Generated Javascript Files into One

ADNSF,

The backend code is generating a lot of external javascript files (13) that are slowing down the load times. Is there anyway we can combine these into one?

/WebResource.axd?d=tPW0cTNuXShMRxVdVMY0Gw2&t=633802 632069218315
    /jscripts/formvalidate.js
    /jscripts/core.js
    /ScriptResource.axd?d=ltVBOQvHXFaCKTAnVy-7RgosqEEoObmi_paZmDMx7flkWf0oADlnH3...
    /ScriptResource.axd?d=ltVBOQvHXFaCKTAnVy-7RgosqEEoObmi_paZmDMx7flkWf0oADlnH3...
    /ScriptResource.axd?d=G05ePFc4PiTcJl_JgUPOns9rvPgOp i0ahkp2M1XgfirqjzMt-U1R1Q...
    /ScriptResource.axd?d=G05ePFc4PiTcJl_JgUPOns9rvPgOp i0ahkp2M1Xgfirko_rOJ7TGF8...
    /ScriptResource.axd?d=G05ePFc4PiTcJl_JgUPOns9rvPgOp i0ahkp2M1Xgfio2dw68OVOQ19...
    /ScriptResource.axd?d=G05ePFc4PiTcJl_JgUPOns9rvPgOp i0ahkp2M1XgfiooM7VolZNLsy...
    /ScriptResource.axd?d=G05ePFc4PiTcJl_JgUPOns9rvPgOp i0ahkp2M1Xgfio2dw68OVOQ19...
    /ScriptResource.axd?d=G05ePFc4PiTcJl_JgUPOns9rvPgOp i0ahkp2M1XgfirQDxRyr-8zYd...
    /ScriptResource.axd?d=G05ePFc4PiTcJl_JgUPOns9rvPgOp i0ahkp2M1XgfiqpR-E9hjpZGd...
    /WebResource.axd?d=4HU4PvhakMsxk-bdoZh0cg2&t=633802632069218315

Thanks,
    Daniel

Dear ADNS,

Is there anyway I can combine these automatically generated jscript files so that it only executes 1 http request? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Daniel

medichoice is offline Junior Member

What does the WebResource.axd do anyways?

It slows down our website tremendously.

chazandchaz is offline Member

This would be a cool feature if Vortex included it in one of the next updates. Consolidating css/javascript files is one of the easiest ways to increase performance on a site. I'm suprized it hasn't been implemented yet. It will be interesting to see how much attention Vortex places on the speed and performance of ASPDNSF.