Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Hosting

GoodFella is offline Member

Default Hosting

What types of hosting plans work best with the Store Front. I am currently running on a basic Shared Host and am looking to upgrade to better performance.

VPS?
    Cloud Sites (Rackspace)
    Dedicated?

One major dilemma I have is that I have no administration experience.

Thanks

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Personally i'd suggest dedicated and i'd suggest server intellect.

You have a dedicated server with them, you can do as much admin as you want yet they are there to help you all the time. I mean they literally respond within minutes sometimes to support requests. I could not be happier with them.

GoodFella is offline Member

Thank you for your reply.

I actually just talked to a sales rep there. They suggested their Public Cloud hosting. Said it should be sufficient and a lot cheaper.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Cloud hosting has PCI implications. Unless you are using a boomerang payment processor cloud hosting typically wont pass PCI compliance.

omaxuk is offline Member

Default We use Appliedi Shared hosting

Its cheap, but we're based in the UK so we've found it has been slow at peak UK times, last April was consistently very bad, when other US based sites zip along. Now better.

This goes for Appliedi's homepage too so its not the low-end hosting package. But I guess you're US based? Ai Tech support is minutes quick and has saved me a fortuenin hassles.
    We're Brits
    Love the Cart (the learning curve was 'kin steeeeeep!!!)
    The heavy-duty 'Toys' list included make it worth it.
    AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2