Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Embeding external data in a template

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Default Embeding external data in a template

Hi

I've created a file that is pulling in data from an external website and this is showing as a .aspx file within our website domain.

My question is how can I contain this within a StoreFront template?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

We had a similar requirement for one of our clients who wanted to integrate their Wordpress blog into the home page of their ASPDotNetStorefront site.

In this case, we wrote a simple User Control (.ascx file) and then registered and called it from within the template.

The user control has a single Page_Load() method that connects to the external data source, brings back the content and renders it as HTML.

The result works well and creates a single store home page showing both product information and the latest news items and thumbnail images from the blog