Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Displaying AlsoBought

ZachJ85 is offline Senior Member

Default Displaying AlsoBought

I enabled the three app.config parameters that was mentioned in the following link.

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...-bought-y.aspx

Still nothing will display. Do I need to edit an xml package to get this funtioning, or is there a way to disable this feature outside of using app.config (which the old programmer might have done)

thanks,
    Zach
    SQL 2008, Visual Studio 2010
    Source: C#
    Version: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.1/8.0.1.1
    Framework: .Net 4.0 (Running)

Timmey is offline Junior Member

If it its your test enviroment, no customers have placed orders yet.
    You need to do some sample shopping to get the values filled.

smg2 is offline Member

Default No Header in "Also Bought" Feature

I just upgraded to 9.0.1.3SP1 (from V7) and this "AlsoBought" feature is displaying the images, but there is no header that says "Customers who Bought This Product Also Bought". What am I missing?

Also, is there a list of new functionality that denotes the changes between V7 and V9? I'm trying to test before moving over to my live site and it's hard to figure out what's new. Sorry if I've missed a piece of documentation. (I am aware of the feature matrix)

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

"Customers who Bought This Product Also Bought" - is an image located in {root}/App_Themes/Skin_#/Images/alsobought.gif. If there's nothing displayed, that means that file is not existing there. You could just re-upload the folder again and make sure everything went through fine.

Aside from the feature matrix, there is no specific documentation for that. But I've answered the same question also in this thread. If that isn't acceptable, let us know and will try to get you with the information you need.

smg2 is offline Member

Thank you very much, Alfred, for the information on the "Bought" image.

The thread you refer to lists the changes from V8 to V9. I'm jumping from V7, so am sure there are quite a few other new features. Even if you could list some of them, that would be great. It doesn't have to be an exhaustive list, but it's so much easier than just stumbling upon them.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

We do have release notes posted in the forums for each version, you can have a look here (v8 and v9) for a feature comparison. If you want the full release notes of v8, send me an email directly.

TSOLfan is offline Junior Member

Question AlsoBought Update Frequency?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I had a similar question. We just launched our first ASPDotNetStorefront project (MultiStore, latest version, 9.1.0.1) and included the AlsoBought into our custom XML template for the product detail page.

There were quite a few orders that came in yesterday (the day of the official launch) that contained multiple products.

Thus far, we aren't seeing anything being pulled into the AlsoBought area (we confirmed all AppConfigs are set appropriately as per this Knowledge Base article: http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...-bought-y.aspx).

Assuming that everything is working as it should, how quickly should we start seeing this starting to work? If it's an instantaneous thing (which would mean this isn't working as it should since we aren't seeing anything), what should I be checking?

I noticed the AlsoBought XML passes not only the ProductID, but also the VariantID. So, I pulled up a product page and selected a specific variant that matched an order receipt of one that was actually purchased (that had multiple items in the order), and still didn't see anything pull into the AlsoBought area.

Thoughts as to what I should check next, or does this just take a while to populate?

Thanks!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

The "Customers Who Bought This Product Also Bought" populates and begins showing after just a few associations are made. You can test this easily enough by making a few test purchases withe the same two products bought in the same orders. It should begin to display after the first few purchases. If it does not, and the AppConfig: AlsoBoughtNumberToDisplay is not 0, then there has been a modification causing the issue.
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support

TSOLfan is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. I'm sure by doing some searches through the source code I could find this, but any heads up on where this logic is? Basically, I'd be looking at changing it from requiring a "few associations" to only one association at a minimum, as it is a new storefront and the client is wanting to see this feature sooner rather than later (and I could always switch it back).