Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: AVS validation via Store?

allstar is offline Member

Default AVS validation via Store?

We are currently using a program called via warp from nova. This application allows us to check the AVS to insure that the billing address matches the card before processing the transaction. Thus, not placing any pending charge (holds) on the card. Does the store have a similar feature available?
    ...AllStar

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Not out of the box, no. Some of the gateways we support may have tools like that, you'd have to check with the one you're wanting to use. If you have the source code, I don't imagine it would be difficult to integrate.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    Not out of the box, no. Some of the gateways we support may have tools like that, you'd have to check with the one you're wanting to use. If you have the source code, I don't imagine it would be difficult to integrate.

I am using authorize.net as the gateway. Would you know if authorize.net have this capability? If so, I should easily be able to integrate this with the storefront software? In the meantime, I will check with authorize.net to see if they have this capability.
    ...AllStar

benjamin is offline Member

We're using aspdnsf and have authorize.net gateway and yes AVS verification does work. Customer will get an AVS error response back on the order page if the billing info doesn't match. If everything is well, customer will see an order confirmation with order number.

According to an admin on Authorize.net support. There is no way of doing a AVS check prior to a authorization. If you want to validate AVS before processing the transaction, then you'll need to do an authorization only transaction for $0.00. Then run the authorization for the full amount if the AVS check passes. Has anyone done this?

http://community.developer.authorize...cards/m-p/1384
    ...AllStar