Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Add New Real Time Shipping Provider

charn is offline Junior Member

Default Add New Real Time Shipping Provider

Hi,
    I am new in aspdotnetstorefront. Currently I am working on Trial version of aspdotnetstorefront. I have an API which give me the run time shippping methods with shipping rates. My question is that , Can I add this shipping provider in aspdotnetstorefront without changing or hacking the code of aspdotnetstorefront ? If yes, Pls anybody guide me how to do this...........Thanks in advance.

ZachJ85 is offline Senior Member

Is it a major carrier?
    SQL 2008, Visual Studio 2010
    Source: C#
    Version: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.1/8.0.1.1
    Framework: .Net 4.0 (Running)

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Adding a new realtime shipper would require source code modifications, yes. Your dev would need to take a look at how we integrated the existing 6 carriers, and then add in their own code to mimic that for their new carrier.

dmitsios is offline Junior Member

Default Add New Shipper

Is the only way to add a New Shipper is to edit the the RTShipper.cs? If not how else can you add a New Shipper (ie Old Dominion Freight Line). Also if so that means you would need to own the source code, correct?

Thank you in advance,
    Danny