Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Reporting stock

snowy is offline Senior Member

Default Reporting stock

Hi - We have a requirement to report on the amount of stock we have in our warehouse on a given date.

We have ML v8.0.1.2. (but no other stock control system) and the source code.

Has anyone done this before?

Thank you

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

It sounds like you want to have a summary list of inventory balances of your products, correct? Create a custom report via the admin panel and use this sql command:

Code:
    select pv.variantid,p.sku,pv.skusuffix,p.name,pv.name,pv.inventory from productvariant pv inner join product p on pv.productid=p.productid

Thanks Alfred, we'll give that a go.

Hi Alfred,

We've tried running this report and it gives us all the stock currently in the warehouse.

We need to be able to run the inventory report for a past date. Can you please tell me how can I make this query?

Thank you

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

What do you exact mean past date?

So for example 31/12/2009.

Thank you

Can anyone help me with this please?

I need to be able to report our stock for 31/12/09 for our tax return....and I need to be able to do it today!

Thank you

ideal_airsoft is offline Member

pretty sure what your asking is not possible with a stock db.

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default recreating inventory of date

It is possible. I did this for an accounting system so any date the A/R and other accounting could be reproduced at any date. I had to, for example, look at every payment and convert to deposit if necessary.
    For inventory you would have to take sales, returns, breakage and other items into account which would mean looking at all transactions, including receiving, back to the desired date.
    Actually not that hard but it takes time to program. Expensive for a single time use, but in the accounting reproduction it actually is very valuable to finding anomolies and errors.