Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: ML v.9 Disable Mobile Template???

computepros is offline Junior Member

Exclamation ML v.9 Disable Mobile Template???

Hello is there any way to disable the mobile template from automatically applying itself until we are ready to use it? It works great, but we are not ready for it and now with the release of the darn iPad which unfortunately our client is using, they cannot see the progress we are making on their site while they are on the road.

We are also having the issue with IE8 on Vista Business that brings up the mobile template instead of the regular one

anyway any help is greatly appreciated...
    Regards

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The software decides whether to switch someone to the mobile skin by checking to see if their browser user agent contains one of the strings found in the MobileDevice table. Currently the only way to turn that off is just to clear out that table (make a backup first so you can re-enable it later easily). We're going to add an option for that in a later version.

I copied the table and then truncated the original, worked great...

Thanks

TerryHtun is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by computepros View Post
    I copied the table and then truncated the original, worked great...

Thanks
    Could you kindly tell me which folder the mobile browser table is located? I need to disable it while i work on the main site. Thanks a millions in advance.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That's not a physical file that you can locate somewhere in the root directory. Open your sql server management studio console, go to your database, and find the MobileDevice table.

From wherever you can run a query against the ASPDNSF database you can use this SQL query:

Code:
    SELECT * INTO dbo.MobileDeviceOld
    FROM dbo.MobileDevice
    TRUNCATE TABLE dbo.MobileDevice

To reverse the process if you ever need to, you can use this query to re-insert the data to the original table:

Code:
    SET IDENTITY_INSERT dbo.MobileDevice  ON 

INSERT INTO dbo.MobileDevice (MobileDeviceID, UserAgent, Name)
    SELECT * from dbo.MobileDevicOld

SET IDENTITY_INSERT dbo.MobileDevice  OFF