Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Unable to relay and exchange

Rabel is offline Member

Default Unable to relay and exchange

Hi Guys,
    We are having some issues with sending emails to outside addresses. This is the results of my mail test.

EMail Test and Configuration:
    Receipt Email Failed:
    ·Mail Error occurred - Exception=Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay

New Order Notification Email Successful

Shipped Email Failed:
    ·Mail Error occurred - Exception=Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay

I have tried adding mail server username and password but I get the same error. These is going through an exchange server, any ideas what I need to do to make this work correctly.

Thanks,
    Randy

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's coming back from the mail server. From a little reading around it looks like Exchange isn't configured to allow the user account you're connecting with to send to external addresses. That'd be something to work with the mail server admin on.