Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How to add a message to Shopping Cart page

smg2 is offline Member

Default How to add a message to Shopping Cart page

I sell perishable items from my site, and during the summer months, this gets tricky because high temperatures will melt the products (chocolate). So, I would like to add a warning message recommending to the customer that he/she should upgrade the selected shipping method, and also would like to add the capability to purchase a "warm weather package", for an additional fee (I can like this to a separate product page). This message would be displayed if someone places items in their shopping cart, and then proceeds to checkout.

Can anyone recommend a way to do this without delving into custom code?

dhs is offline Member

Not sure if this would be considered customer coding - but you could create an xml package named:

CartSummary.xml.config

if a package of this name exists it will be triggered when viewing the shopping cart. You could put your message in there.

smg2 is offline Member

Good idea. How does the package get invoked from the Shopping Cart page? Can anyone provide a clue?

Thanks!