Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Please help with categories

auto-998 is offline Junior Member

Cool Please help with categories

Hi,
    I am using ver 8.0 of aspdotnetstorefront. I have setup the categories with 2 sub-categories. For example Manufacture -> Type -> Color. So, as soon someone click on Nissan as a manufacture, he will get all types listed as a subcategories (Maxima, Altima...) and when someone click on Altima he will get all colors listed as a sub-sub-categories (red, green...)
    My problem is when someone clicks on Nissan for example; you'll see only sub-categories in the product list (on the right). It does not show all products in the Nissan category. And when someone clicks on Maxima as sub-category, you'll see only sub-sub-categories in the product list (on the right). It does not show all products in the (it does not filter) Nissan->Maxima category. The products only show up when you select the sub-sub-category. Is there a way to show the products on any level of category or subcategory?
    Thanks,
    Mike

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

It all depends on your XML package. You'll have to modify your package to do what you are looking to do.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

auto-998 is offline Junior Member

Hi. I use entity.grid.xml.config xml package. Is this not the best one to use?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That package is fine, but none of them are going to show all products of all subcategories below the current level by default. The XML packages list the next level down (subcategories) and any products in the current level, that's all. It'll take some customization to show products further down as well.