Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: mapping product to multiple categories

chana is offline Junior Member

Default mapping product to multiple categories

my client wants the ability to map a product to multiple categories.

I tried to do it within the product add/update. I have this existing code:

Code:
    <Mappings AutoCleanup='True'>

<Entity EntityType='Category' XPath=' xxx/yyy/zzz' DisplayOrder = '1'/>");

</Mappings>
    Adding it here did not work. The second category overwrote the first.

So I'd like to do it using a separate mapping node :

Code:
    <Mapping Action="Add|Delete" EntityType="Manufacturer|Distributor|Category|Section|Genre|Vector" EntityID="integer" EntityGUID="uniqueidentifier" ObjectType="Product" ObjectID="integer" ObjectGUID="uniqueidentifier" DisplayOrder=""/>
    Is there any way to do that using the xpath instead of the id? Or a quick wat to get the id using the xpath?

Thanks a lot,
    Chana

commarts is offline Junior Member

Default Mapping Products into Multiple Categories

I would like to know this as well. Imagine you have an Arts & Crafts kit for making Christmas decorations. This kit could fit in multiple categories such as: arts & crafts, christmas crafts, and kids crafts. We have a separate landing page on our site for Kids Crafts but currently don't have a way to target those products.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You can do the same thing by using the <Product Action="Add|Update"> command and specify the mapping tag.

i.e.

<Product Action="Update" ID="1234">
    <Mappings>
    <Entity EntityType="Category" Name="Category 1" Xpath="" ID="">
    </Mappings>
    </Product>

The xml command above is just an example, you still have to follow the full syntax, as described in the manual.