Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: V9 Left Nav Menu Question

chazandchaz is offline Member

Smile V9 Left Nav Menu Question

Does anyone know how to modify the source code to keep the left nav menu completely expanded? It was pretty simple to do in version 8 via an XML package, but I can't seem to wrap my head around it with the user controls.

I see there is a method that has been commented out in ProductMappingLinkItem.cs called "GetAll" but it doesn't seem to work at all when uncommented.

Any direction on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Chaz.

ryanjm is offline Junior Member

Good luck. I've been chasing this one down too. The closest I got was through a support ticket and was told:

That would take some source code modifications to accomplish. As is stated in our support policy we cannot assist with implementing custom changes, however I will say that this would most likely need to be done in EntityControl.cs, in the InitializeDataSource method. By default we check the current entity being viewed and then load any children that it has...you'll need to modify that to just load all children.
    Unfortunately, this didn't help me much, maybe if you can come up with the fix you could share.

chazandchaz is offline Member

Thumbs down

To be honest my solution is just to use an XML package from v8.

Code:
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="aspdnsf" TagName="XmlPackage" Src="~/Controls/XmlPackageControl.ascx" %>

<aspdnsf:XmlPackage runat="server" ID="leftNavMenu" PackageName="rev.categories.xml.config" EnforceDisclaimer="true" EnforcePassword="true" EnforceSubscription="true" AllowSEPropogation="true" />

gmaniac is offline Member

What if I am still using v8 and want a menu from v9? How would I turn it into that accordian affect?

ashish.patel is offline Junior Member

You might be interested to take a look at this: Left Menu Accordion using jQuery in AspDotNetStoreFront
    It’s very easy to implement. Hope this helps.

http://www.ashishblog.com/blog/left-...netstorefront/