Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: More than 2 product attributes

chris-user is offline Member

Arrow More than 2 product attributes

Our site is currently running 8.0.1.2 aspdnsf software. We have a product that has more than two product attributes. Is there a way to add a third product attribute? If so, how can this be accomplished?

Thanks!

Chris

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That would take a good bit of customization. You'd have to mimic the existing attribute code to allow for a third.

In an upcoming release (no ETA yet), we'll be allowing unlimited attributes for each product, but for the moment only 2 will work 'out of the box'.

dhcernese is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    That would take a good bit of customization. You'd have to mimic the existing attribute code to allow for a third.

In an upcoming release (no ETA yet), we'll be allowing unlimited attributes for each product, but for the moment only 2 will work 'out of the box'.
    I am evaluating our next storefront/shopping cart. AspDotNetStoreFront's list of features is impressive. However, we're shocked and stopped in our tracks when we read that there are only two attributes per product.

Can you offer some practical experience what your customers do to work around this?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

First off, remember that this is just 2 'renameable' attributes - Size/Color, Make/Model, Height/Width, etc. Price, SKU, weight, etc - all the standard attributes are separate.

If you need more than those 2, you can use kits, which allow for as many as you need.

dhcernese is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    First off, remember that this is just 2 'renameable' attributes - Size/Color, Make/Model, Height/Width, etc. Price, SKU, weight, etc - all the standard attributes are separate.

If you need more than those 2, you can use kits, which allow for as many as you need.
    Yes, I recognize that the standard attributes are all separate and there are two renameable attributes. It looks like all ours would be kits. I'll read up more on them, the hamburger example is pretty close.

Thanks!

dgranito is offline Junior Member

Default Multi Attributes for Products

Multi Attributes per product.

As this feature is not available out of the box.

You will have to modify the source code and db to achieve that.

I have done it and here below is an example .

I have created a catalog manager that get listed out of the product entity menu (category, manufacturer, vector etc...)

User can create as many catalog they wish and map it to one category of products or a unique product.

Each catalog can be added sections of attributes and attributes with multiple options.

EXAMPLE:
    Multiple Catalog of attributes map to one or many product

Catalog Name: CLOG 1
    Catalog Mapping: all categories of products

Section Name: General Attributes

Attribute name: Size

Option 1: Small
    Option 2: Medium
    OPtion 3: Large

Attributes name: Color

Option 1 : Blue
    Option 2 : Red

Section Name: Technical Attributes

Attribute name: Textile

Option 1 : Vynil
    Option 2: Nylon

etc..

If you want more information please let me know ...

Cheers,
    Senior Developer ASPDNSF Expert

Dominic

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default multi attribute code or product

Dominic,
    Are you offering the code or a product for unlimited attributes. Sounds like for ver. 9.

rtomer is offline Member

Hi Dominic,
    can you provide code or a product for unlimited attributes.
    I need functionality some what related to it.
    --
    Reetika Tomer
    (MCTS , MCPD)
    Sr. Software Engineer
    Daffodil Software Ltd