Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Drop Ship Multi-Distributors

lpr2009 is offline Junior Member

Default Drop Ship Multi-Distributors

Is there a built-in way to double the shipping if an order contains items that need to be drop shipped from two different distributors? The flat-rate shipping usually isn't enough when orders involve multiple distributors, thus multiple packages. We always end up loosing money.

If not, how about surcharge if an order ends up being split between distributors?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

There is no way to do that out-of-the-box, but you can configure the store for drop shipping to distributors when there are more than one distributors in the item being purchased. See this KB.

Hi Alfred. Thanks for the reply. We already have the email setup for the drop-shippers. It's the shipping cost at checkout that is the issue when one order contains multiple drop-shippers. The multiple shipping adds up. I guess I will have to dive into the code and see what I can do myself. Thank you.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

If you're using realtime rates with UPS the software will handle that out of the box (we use the distributor addresses as the origin addresses for the different items in the shipping calls). For other shipping calculation methods, that's going to take some customization, yeah.

Hi Scott, thanks for your reply. We do not use the realtime shipping rates because we drop-ship everything and the manufacturers don't give us the sizes and weights of the items. We had to use a flat-rate shipping policy.

I would like to add a surcharge or handling fee when multiple shippers are involved. I also encounter drop-ship fee per order for some distributors which I would like to pass on. This might be something you can add to you wish list of improvements for the storefront. (Like you need another wishlist item )

I will try to see what I can do in the code.

Thanks again.