Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Robust Returns / Refunds

Sequencing is offline Junior Member

Default Robust Returns / Refunds

Has anyone done any customizations to the refund / return functionality? I need to make this more robust for a client and am looking at the best way to go about this. Specifically, we need to account for the following scenarios:

1. Full refund of whole order
    2. Partial refund of product(s)
    3. Multiple partial refunds (i.e. $1,000 product could be refunded $100 at one time and then another $30 later)
    4. Full / partial shipping refund

In addition, the refund receipt should itemize the refunds just like the original receipt so we need to see product names and configuration (if a kit item) rather than "Merchandise Credit".

They are currently on v.8 and an upgrade to v.9 isn't really in the cards as the code has been heavily customized. However, considering the v.9 changes, is this something that could be accomplished via the new Add-In model? I don't think it can but am not really familiar with that.

I am looking for suggestions and guidance but wouldn't be opposed to making a purchase if there is a component already out there - presuming I could get the source code as well.

Thanks,
    Ryan

philipb is offline Junior Member

I am also interested in a more robust return / RMA featureset.

Short of a solution coming from Vortx / ADNSF, I am going to start working on a custom solution (however this is still several weeks / months away for us).

pligon is offline Junior Member

Default Pretty Business Specific

Hello Sequencing,

We have done exactly what you're describing with version 8; however, you accurately pointed out that as there's no add-in model, it's a core update. Might be able to do as a component, but we found this to be highly specific to the business model of the client with which we were working, so it's really more likely a custom solution.

Some challenges faced:
    - The gateway provider has to be able to do refunds without the user's credit card number (unless you're going to force them to re-enter and/or remember which card they used)
    - Version 8 does not store the discounted price of an individual item at the time of check-out for something like an order level coupon
    - Version 8 does not store shipping by individual item
    - Version 8 does not store tax by individual item
    - Inventory

Feel free to contact me if you want to talk about it more. In the meantime, hope this helps.

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

Hello,
    Were on a customized version of v9.0.1.3 and are interested in doing just this. I would love to discuss this with you more.