Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Help on Mailing manager

dev.folks is offline Junior Member

Default Help on Mailing manager

Hi,

i want to send an emails to all registered customers in website related to some new products. but i have observed that when im using mail manager its sending emails only to few customers and ignoring others customers.

After going through complete issue i understood that google business email will send only 2000 emails in a day not more then that. ( im using google business emails). but i have registered customers of more then 5000 customers.

If i use mailing manager from admin then im able to send emails only to 2000 customers and rest emails (i.e another 2000 customers) i want to send in next day. so please some help how do i solve my issue.

Cheers!!!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I do not know about the Google business email part, but before you can send newsletters to your customers they must first opted that you do so. If you go to account.aspx page, you'll see "*OK To EMail" option there. Those customers selected YES are only the ones who can receive emails.

On the other note, if you have 5k customers and they all opted out for a newsletter, still your mail account only allows 2k emails to be sent per day. Then, you'll going to do a bit of modifications to the mail manager logic and add a method there that tags the customer records after the email was sent to them, so on the next day, the software will exclude them.
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 06-15-2010 at 02:18 AM.

dev.folks is offline Junior Member

Hey i can do that, can u please brief me more about this. is there any datafield in database to tag those customers after sending an email

Please be more specific, im really thankfull to you for the same