Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040

Upscale_Automotive is offline Senior Member

Default Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040

After calling it a night with a working site, I get up to get to work and see Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040 when loading the site. The stack trace is below.

C#/VB.NET Code:
    [FileLoadExceptionThe located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
       System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule.ProcessRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +128
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +76 
    So I logged onto the server and see a Windows update wants me to reboot. I reboot the server and the site is working again. What a scare!

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Specifically why I dont let windows updates run automatically .. I like to control them and install them in the middle of the night.