Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Default Images

Amy P is offline Member

Default Default Images

I am using the excel product import and most of my items do not have any images so when they are imported it is pulling in some random default images. Is there something I can change to get it to stop doing this? Thanks

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

As a quick fix, just delete the stock images from the /images/product/icon, medium and large directories.

If many of your products are never going to have images then it would be a good idea to create a specific XML package for them that didn't try to display a product image.

gavin.eggheaddesign is offline Junior Member

Hi Amy.

Are you using the xml packages 'product.SimpleProduct.xml.config' for your product pages?

There is a line of code that pulls the image through...
    Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:LookupProductImage(ProductID, ImageFilenameOverride, SKU, 'medium', 1, $AltText)" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
    You could comment this out to also stop them being loaded. And generate a separate xml package for the products that do require them.

Thanks

Gavin