Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: no item in googlefeed.xml

boomingisland is offline Member

Default no item in googlefeed.xml

I use ML 9.0.1.3.

I have 2 questions:

1. I execute feed but no item in googlefeed.xml :

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><rss version="2.0" xmlns:g="http://base.google.com/ns/1.0"><channel><title>Default Store</title><link>www.mystore.com</link><description></description><language>en-US</language><pubDate>Fri, 11 Jun 2010 17:51:02 GMT</pubDate><lastBuildDate>Fri, 11 Jun 2010 17:51:02 GMT</lastBuildDate></channel></rss>"

By the way my products content 2 languages: Englishg and Chinese characters.

2. how do I remove the numbers from the file name - googlefeed1_50.xml

any one knows what I missed?

jerry

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Are you on a fresh install? Try to run the script below against your DB, please make a full backup first, just in case.

Code:
    INSERT INTO ProductStore (ProductID) SELECT ProductID FROM Product WHERE ProductID NOT IN (SELECT ProductID FROM ProductStore)
    The number that was added in the gooblebase filename indicates the number of products retrieved into the googlebase feed. There's no setting that can remove that, no. That was added in the later versions because if feeds reaches more than 20K products it causes a timeout error when uploading it to google.So, the solution was to create a feed which only contains 20K, the rest will be created on a different feed name.

jazzylily is offline Member

I have the same problem. The query does not return any records. Also there is nothing in the productstore or inventory table. Any idea how I can fix this?

That'll will insert all existing product to ProductStore table once you run that.

boomingisland is offline Member

[QUOTE=AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred;89460]Are you on a fresh install? Try to run the script below against your DB, please make a full backup first, just in case.

Code:
    INSERT INTO ProductStore (ProductID) SELECT ProductID FROM Product WHERE ProductID NOT IN (SELECT ProductID FROM ProductStore)
    The number that was added in the gooblebase filename indicates the number of products retrieved into the googlebase feed. There's no setting that can remove that, no. That was added in the later versions because if feeds reaches more than 20K products it causes a timeout error when uploading it to google.So, the solution was to create a feed which only contains 20K, the rest will be created on a different feed name.[/QUOT]

I run the script but it still doesn't work. no item in googlefeed file.
    Any idea?
    Jerry

Send a ticket to support then so we can take a look further. thanks

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

Default Google Feed issues

A couple more things to consider:

1) Only use the Execute Feed button from within the Edit Feed page. The Execute Feed button on the main Feeds page does not function properly.

2) Verify the products are mapped to a store.

3) Verify the products meet the requirements listed at the bottom of the User's Guide Feeds page:
    http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p-415-feeds.aspx
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

I had this issue as well and figured it out.
    In the feed.googlebase.xml.config they have the default value for SID set to 2. Check your StoreID and default to that one. I don't see anywhere in the code where it is passing that parameter to the xml package.