Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Modifiying Source Code.

GoodFella is offline Member

Default Modifiying Source Code.

I am somewhat new with .Net programming.

In regards to the ASPDNSF Source Code. I understand that it is essentially compiled into .DLL Files and then referenced within the .ASPX / .CS files.

For me to start fooling around with this, do I simply just open up the source code files in VS and then just compile them? Then move over the .DLL file?

Can I use VS 2010 Express?

Basically, I am looking for a little Source Code 101.

(I bought the ASPDNSF Source Code)

Thank you.

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

You are correct about modifying the code and recompiling and then taking the dll's from the release bin and placing them in your web bin and letting the app restart. As for 2010, I don't believe it is supported yet, but I could be wrong.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

2010 isn't officially supported, though a few folks are using it. It takes some fiddling with the SLN and project files.

Note that even if you do that though, you can't recompile the app in Express. You'll need the full version of Visual Studio