Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Using Addins

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default Using Addins

I am in need of a slight change to the shipping calculation. Im on 9.0.1.3.

I want to offer free shipping for all order over $50. Not a problem, that is built in. I then want to add a $5 handling charge if the order is shipping to a certain zip code.

Example .. if order is shipping to 90210 add $5 handling fee.

Can this be done with an addin?

John Morrison is offline Junior Member

I consulted the magic 8 ball and it said outlook not good.

There is a hook for a shipping method "modifier" add in. However it creates a pseudo cart that just contains your items and no shipping info.

The problem is that unless you can obtain the shipping address (which is not passed) you wouldn't be able to price gouge the well-off residence of Beverly hills .

The only reason i dont just say, no what you want is not possible with an "Add-In", is because the add-in as executed as an Action and shares scope with its caller. Without testing i dont know what is available ( i have yet to create a shipping method modifier add-in ).

With that being said if you own the source and are not going to be creating this Add-In for resale you could very easily create your own shipping calculation as the fine developers of adpdnsf made it an interface .. IShippingCalculation ..

If anyone knows for sure that you can do this with an add in please chime in

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the insight!

I was using 90210 as an example, not to gouge them

The true meaning of what im attempting is to offer free shipping to certain zip codes and $5 flat rate to all the others as long as the order is over $50. If the order is under $50 they pay normal realtime UPS and they also should always have the option to select express at normal realtime rates.

Thanks