Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: V9 One Page Checkout is Three Pages

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Exclamation V9 One Page Checkout is Three Pages

Testing V9 I tried out the one page checkout, however you enter in all the details (as a new users with no login) and it then takes me to the shipping information page to fill in a password, then to the order page where I can finally finish the checkout.

Is this the way it is meant to be? I wanted the one page checkout as I do not want my users leaving the page unless it is to the order confirmation page.

All help appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

Bump, is this the correct behaviour of the checkout1.aspx?

It just repeats its self too many times, my customers would be annoyed having to renter data three times.
    =====

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

I've just tried this on a 'vanilla' v9 installation (no customisations) with the following AppConfigs set:

UseOnePageCheckout = true
    UseOnePageCheckout.UseFinalReviewOrderPage = false

Then, as an anonymous Customer, I added an item to my cart and clicked 'Checkout'. V9 took me to a page where everything was presented: name/password, shipping, billing and credit card details.

At the bottom was a 'complete purchase' button which placed the order.

Clicking this button took me straight to the order completed/confirmation page and at that point I was also logged in as the new Customer.

The only thing that might be happening with your site is that at the point you enter the Shipping details as a non-US customer and then click the Shipping Costs button, the page refreshes and the password field is lost. If you don't enter the password again you are taken back to the same page with the shipping options shown.

The final screen you are seeing is probably the final 'are you sure?' screen which can be disabled with the 'UseFinalReviewOrderPage' AppConfig.

I have all the App Configs set correctly, however the first section only has a field for the email address. This is where the issue is happening, as there is no password it will take me to the shipping address page and ask for a password.

Wonder why the password fields are not showing, in fact why the general account fields are not showing.
    =====

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

I havent figured it out yet but there is something odd with the flow.

When checking out I would expect to go to checkoutanon.aspx where the customer can chose to login/register or checkout anonymously. THis isnt happening, all checkouts go directly to checkout1.aspx. On that page there is no choice to register with a password, there is just an email address. When I fill in the adress info and click "get shipping methods" I get an error that no shipping methods are available. If I refresh I then get a list of shipping methods and can continue on. I never get a place to enter a password.

This is the same behaviour we are seeing.

Why is the first account sections incomplete? That is what is adding in the extra page and breaking the one page checkout.
    =====

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

This isn't happening on my fresh copy of v9.0.1.3. I've got the following appconfigs turned on: PasswordIsOptionalDuringCheckout and Checkout.UseOnePageCheckout
    ...and this is what I got
    Name:  checkout2.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  97.0 KB

...with PasswordIsOptionalDuringCheckout = false

Name:  checkout anon.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  100.4 KB

Bingo that was the problem, I have change that now. Thanks guys.
    =====

Alfred,

When on shoppingcart.aspx, when you click proceed to checkout, do you go right to checkoutone.aspx or do you go to checkoutanon.aspx?

I would expect checkoutanon.aspx where the customer gets to choose to register or checkout anonymously but we always go to checkoutone.aspx.

This is what I see with those same app configs checking out as a new customer with cookies cleared. This is a stock 9.0.1.3 install.

Click checkout get this and after clicking Get Shipping Options I get the next set of screen shots. If I then refresh the page I get rates.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hm yes, I just double checked and I am still having the same problem as ssgumby
    =====

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I'm dealing with Michael (aka ssgumby) in support to sort this out. You may submit a ticket also.

I have done a fresh install and still the same issue. I do mean a total fresh install. I have tried with passwordisoptionalduringcheckout set to true and false with no luck.

I don't understand why this is happening there must be a config I am missing. I have tried looking through the code to find what one it is and for the life of me I can't find it.
    =====

Found what the issue was.
    AnonCheckoutReqEmail needs to be set to false.

Why is this? I want my anon customers to use an email, infact on the checkout it says email address is required...

I have to say I am very confused.
    =====

MSD is offline Member

Angry Password Optional Page wont change

Like others here I experimented with all the above settings to see how it all worked but now I can not get the One Page Checkout to display the password field just the email only like the screen shots above.

Wasted way to much time on this.... can anyone share how they resolved this.

MSD
    Started V8 switched half way to V9 /// I need a V9 Forum

AspDotNetStorefrontML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.3 AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2