Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Homepage question

BUBU is offline Member

Default Homepage question

I tried to find in the forum a clear answer to the homepage question of:
    I need to have separate home pages for each skin. My understanding is that I can't use the hometopintro topic.

What do I need to do to get each site skin to use the hometopintro.htm file in the app_templates/skin_x folder instead of the hometopintro topic on the homepage? Also I am confused as to what the hometopintro.htm should contain. Examples would help.

What about the purpose/function of Appconfig "HomeTemplate" ?

I have seen http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...light=homepage but the answer is still unclear.

Thank you for any help/insight that you can share.

Thanks

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

File-based topics (like hometopintro.htm) don't work in ML9 currently. Those will be working again in the next release.

As for having different homepage content for each skin, that depends. Are you on standard ML, or Multi-Store?

BUBU is offline Member

Thanks for the reply.

I am using standard ML. The way I am using different skins is through affiliates. Everything works now using "home.ascx". Are you saying that currently there is no method to convert/implement the "home.ascx" concept?

I have setup a home1.template in skin_x folder and it does execute it. What I am having problems is getting the "topics" to fill in the container area. What I doing is putting them after the container area.

When is the next version coming out?

Thanks.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

For right now, the easiest way would be to do some custom work in default.aspx to load a different XML package depending on the skin being used. You can then copy the page.default.xml.config (which is what actually references hometopintro) and make different copies that reference different topics.