Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Sagepay Payment Types

Seriouslystores is offline Junior Member

Default Sagepay Payment Types

Have been integrating Sagepay onto our sites and we are encountering problems with certain card types. Having spoken with Sagepay they have said that we need to be sending them specific references for the different card types. For example, when our customer choses Visa Debit as their card type, the transaction information sent to Sagepay needs to state the card type is "DELTA" - likewise with Mastercard, the card type needs to be sent to Sagepay as "MC". Does anyone know how we can change the info being sent to Sagepay without having to change the card type displayed to our customers?

Your help is much appreciated

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

We already handle that in the code, you can name your credit card types anything shown on the 'if' lines below, and we'll change the CardType to the matching value SagePay expects:

Code:
                if ("discover" == CardType.Trim().ToLowerInvariant())
                {
                    CardType = "DC";
                }
                else if ("mastercard" == CardType.Trim().ToLowerInvariant())
                {
                    CardType = "MC";
                }
                else if ("switch/ukmaestro" == CardType.Trim().ToLowerInvariant())
                {
                    CardType = "SWITCH";
                }
                else if ("delta/visadebit" == CardType.Trim().ToLowerInvariant())
                {
                    CardType = "DELTA"; //Confirm that Visa Debit is DELTA
                }
                else if ("visaelectron" == CardType.Trim().ToLowerInvariant())
                {
                    CardType = "UKE";
                }
                else
                {
                    CardType = CardType.ToUpperInvariant().Trim();
                }

return CardType;
    Using anything other than those card type names would take some source mods.

bencummins is offline Junior Member

I'm getting a bit confused, I am trying to help a friend out, they have a store set up, and I've just moved the urls over to the new sagepay ones (wasnt used for buying online before) but sagepay are telling me im sending the wrong card types over... where can I check this code?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

What exactly are they saying is wrong? We haven't had any problems with the card type handling that is built in.

bencummins is offline Junior Member

I've just been working on this again, and its only Visa Debit thats having issues, they have told me I need to be sending DELTA... but I can't see anywhere where I can change the mappings?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

As shown above, in order for the software to pass the DELTA value you need to enter "delta/visadebit" as the credit card type for VISA DEBIT. This can be edited in Configurations -> Payment -> Credit Card Types.