Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: ASP Comments within Topic Descriptions

Morgon is offline Junior Member

Default ASP Comments within Topic Descriptions

Is there a reliable way of commenting out sections of code (i.e. XmlPackage declarations) in topic descriptions?

I don't want to remove the code, since the change might be reverted.
    I added standard ASP comment syntax -- <% '<code> %>; the weird thing is that IE and Chrome look just fine, but for whatever reason, ASPDNSF sends all of the text to the browser - % tags and all, as if it's not even evaluating them.

Extremely odd issue with no logical explanation (either the ASP tags are evaluated or they're not!), but is there something in ASPDNSF that would cause this to happen?

Thanks!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Are you putting those comments in the HTML view, or design view? You'll need to switch to HTML view to comment out any content - anything entered in design view is HTML encoded to display on the page.

Morgon is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    Are you putting those comments in the HTML view, or design view? You'll need to switch to HTML view to comment out any content - anything entered in design view is HTML encoded to display on the page.
    I didn't realize there were two views - it's definitely the HTML view, though. It's the 'Description' portion of a topic, where HTML is already present.

It's simply weird that the comments are honored in IE/Chrome, but in Firefox only it physically shows the <% %> characters as if it was not being parsed by ASP.