Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Consistent fraud customer

toofast is offline Senior Member

Default Consistent fraud customer

We have a customer that uses stolen credit cards. He makes a new account every time he place another order and uses a new ip each time as well. He uses different shipping addresses every time too. The only thing we noticed consistent was the shipping address name is always the same but he could use a different name for that as well. Is there any ways of blocking this user?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Not out of the box, no, not if he's doing it from a different IP each time. You'd have to add a little code to check the name before allowing the order to go through.

You might also consider MaxMind, which can really cut down on fraud. It uses geolocation to verify that the right person is using the card.

toofast is offline Senior Member

I was thinking about checking the name. Where in the code would I have to add this. What file would that be? Thanks for the maxmind too. Going to check into that.

ZachJ85 is offline Senior Member

You probably can add code to the CheckoutPayment.aspx page.

I would also have the code read the database so you can just populate a table with names and update with new names if more start to appear.
    SQL 2008, Visual Studio 2010
    Source: C#
    Version: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.1/8.0.1.1
    Framework: .Net 4.0 (Running)