Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How to use TabbedUI for Kit products

doru is offline Senior Member

Default How to use TabbedUI for Kit products

Hi,

I am using ML 9.x

I set TabbedUI XMLPackage to a kit product but the product is still displayed without tabs.

I need to know how to display kit products using tabs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Doru

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Kit products in version 9 don't use XML packages. You would have to rewrite the kitproduct.aspx page to use tabs.

doru is offline Senior Member

Could you tell me if the current code used for tabs can be used in rewriting kitproduct.aspx page?

Doru

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

It's going to have to be modified a bit as that was written for an XML package, it would be along those lines.

omairkha is offline Member

Question

Did you ever manage to do this? I need to do the same thing but experiencing problems trying to get it to work.

I tried merging the code from product.tabbedUI.xml.config into the page.kitheader.xml.config but I keep getting the following error and can't figure out what is causing it.

Code:
    Error executing child request for kitproduct.aspx.
    Source:System.Web 
    Message:Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. 
    Stack Trace: 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) 
    at ASP.kitproduct_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\web\f65249c2\d46b6602\App_Web_kitproduct.aspx.cdcab7d2.kctg-mlj.0.cs:line 0 
    at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride)
    I am using Multistore 9.1.0.1

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by omairkha; 03-02-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: forgot to mention store version