Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Windows XP Home for Development

budneyc is offline Junior Member

Default Windows XP Home for Development

I just downloaded the trial version. I am setting up on my local machine, going through the steps and am on - "File Set up" Step 10. I right clicked on the image folder, properties - to set up permissions. I noticed I dont have a security tab.

I then realized that the instructions require I have Windows XP Pro & I have Windows XP Home.

Can I develop this on XP Home? Is there a place I can set the permissions on XP Home?

Or, is my only option to buy the software and install it on my hosts server? Will I then be able to develop it on my hosts server using XP home?

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Follow this article. You need to uncheck "Use simple file sharing [Recommended]" option from Folder Options in the control panel.