Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Add Category to another category

toasty0621 is offline Junior Member

Default Add Category to another category

Greetings,

I was wondering if any of your had ever tried to add an existing category to another category and have it display as a product? Or is there a way to do this now with the current store? Thanks in advance.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Not exactly sure if I understands this, but if you're talking about moving an existing category from one to another as a subcats, it's possible. You just have to change its "Parent" mapping.

e.g.
    Name:  parent.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  9.1 KB

Thanks for the reply how would I then set the parent category to display the sub category along with the products? I am sure I would have to change the XMLPackage as well correct? Thanks again!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

It sounds like you only want to display the sub-category and not the parent in the front end? This would take couple of custom changes, yes. Which version of the software are you on?

Ml 8.0.1.2