Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Error after conversion

BUBU is offline Member

Default Error after conversion

I have converted the database from ML v711 to v913, using the different SQL steps. I used MS SQL Server Management Studio to do the conversions. They all executed without errors except the 8012-> 9 conversion. I have attached the txt output for that one.

The error I get when I execute the code (using 9013 out of the box, before starting to convert the skins) is:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invalid object name 'ObjectView'.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'ObjectView'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'ObjectView'.]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlExc eption exception, Boolean breakConnection) +1953274
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4849707
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaDat a() +33
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +96
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteRead er(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderT ds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +954
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader( CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader( CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(Com mandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader() +89
    AspDotNetStorefrontCore.DB.UseDataReader(SqlComman d command, Action`1 action) in DB.cs:163
    AspDotNetStorefrontCore.MappedObjectCollection.Get Objects(Int32 storeId, String entityType, String alphaFilter, String searchFilter, Int32 pageSize, Int32 page) in ObjectMap.cs:260
    AspDotNetStorefrontCore.MappedObjectCollection.Get Objects(Int32 storeId, String entityType) in ObjectMap.cs:173
    AspDotNetStorefrontCore.Store.CacheEntityMappings( String entityType) in StoreObject.cs:635
    AspDotNetStorefrontCore.Store.CacheEntityMappings( ) in StoreObject.cs:618
    AspDotNetStorefrontCore.Store.CacheMappings() in StoreObject.cs:650
    AspDotNetStorefrontCore.Store.resetStoreCache() in StoreObject.cs:291
    AspDotNetStorefront.Global.() +3233
    AspDotNetStorefront.Global.(Object , EventArgs ) +496
    AspDotNetStorefront.Global.Application_BeginReques t(Object sender, EventArgs e) +277
    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpA pplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016
    __________________________________________________ _______________

As you can see I am a bit stumped on this one. Any help/direction would be appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BUBU; 06-01-2010 at 12:47 AM.

Gerry is offline Junior Member

Default Collation?

I had the same problem and it turned out the collation of my SQL instance was not the same as the scripts expect. I took out references in my 8.0.1.2 to 9.0 script to

COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
    and everything ran fine. It seems the ObjectView view definition fails on a mismatched collation join.
    Last edited by Gerry; 06-01-2010 at 04:56 AM.

BUBU is offline Member

Thank you Gerry.

That did the trick. For some reason that database had the collation set to "Latin1_General_Cl_Al". It was created using ML v5 (or less, about 2006) scritp to create it, right out of the box. I just chgd the 8.0.1.2 to 9.0 script to what the database collation is and it worked with out any errors.

I can now proceed with the conversion.

My other question is that should I chg the collation on the database, or just leave it as is ("Latin1_General_Cl_Al") for future SQL code updates?

Again many thanks to Gerry for his insight.

Cheers!

Boris

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

We're using SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS as the default database collation, so to avoid getting the same problem in the future, you should change it to match the default.